BusNSW’s “Bus Driver of the Year” Awards were established in 2006 to recognise individuals for their outstanding contribution to the NSW Bus and Coach Industry.
As the interface between bus operators and their customers, the industry depends heavily on its drivers to provide the kind of customer service that the travelling public expect and rely upon.
Bus NSW is now taking nominations for the 2020 Bus & Coach Driver of the Year Awards. These annual awards recognise three individuals for their outstanding contribution to the NSW Bus and Coach Industry.
The awards will be presented at the BusNSW AGM and Delegates Forum on Thursday 18 February 2021 (subject to any COVID-19 related movement and/or gathering restrictions).
The Awards are sponsored by the Luminator Technology Group and are divided into the three categories below:
- Metro & Outer Metro Bus Driver of the Year
- Rural & Regional Bus Driver of the Year
- Coach Driver of the Year
To be eligible for each award, nominees need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Exhibit a positive and cooperative attitude towards their job;
- Assist passengers and other staff members;
- Have a high standard of personal presentation;
- Always greet passengers in a polite and friendly manner;
- Always drive safely, and be courteous to other road users
Nominations will only be accepted from a bus or coach service operator who is a member of BusNSW, and the nominee must also be an employee of the said operator.
Please click on the button below to submit a nomination, you will then need to enter your BusNSW website login details.
Nominations close Friday 4 December 2020.